Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My Husband, My Sweetheart, My Friend


Doug & I were driving home from a cousin's Wedding Reception and chatting about our first year of Marriage...That led to the first few years of Marriage...Which led to some discussion over the course of our near three decades together. Unlike most Newlyweds, we relatively eased right in to Married Life with little adjustments. As we discussed those really Joyful times, when life was far less complicated, we reflected on the many things that we used to do Together...Just For The Fun Of It! As our family grew, and responsibilities mounted, we forgot how to have Fun...Just For The Fun Of It! Mind you...I'm not saying that we haven't had Any Fun over the years, as we have thoroughly enjoyed raising a family and the many Joyful times shared...But, the busyness of life can sometimes cloud our perspective and get in the way of what used to be as natural as breathing. Doug proposed that we make the rest of Summer 2010, really fun-filled! Of course, I jumped on the idea with great enthusiasm! Why? Because very recently, some unpleasant circumstances surfaced that caused me great pain. It was my Husband, my Sweetheart, my Friend, who came to my defense and who was there to help me sort it all out. He patiently listened, gave some very sound counsel and offered up strength and encouragement. From time to time, I still find myself feeling melancholy and the tears spilling over, but I've come to know that it is my relationship with my Husband, Sweetheart and Friend that will surely last long after this mortal journey of mine is complete. Thank You, Doug, for asking me to share life with you! You are my Everything and without You, I am Nothing! Always...I Will Love You!

1 comment:

Julie Hunter said...

such examples! I love you both!