Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hawaii-December 2008





Earlier in 2008, our Nanny girl graduated from The University of Utah with a degree in Accounting. We are so proud of this monumental accomplishment after years of sacrifice and hardship! Way to go Nanny!

As a result, Doug suggested a trip to Hawaii! I was missing Nicole, Zach and Boston, my cute grandson whom I am smitten with! It was a dream come true!...despite it being rainy season in Hawaii, Nicole and Zach being right in the middle of a move to a new home, Nanny catching a nasty cold and it being right in the thick of the Christmas holiday...I had so much to do! As I look back, yes, there were some kinks that had to be sorted out, but I am so appreciative of Nicole and Zach's amazing hospitality! Thank you to you both for your kindness to us!!!! This middle-aged Granny loved being with both of her grandchildren at the same time and was so delighted by their individual personalities shining through!

A big THANK YOU to Doug for his generosity and the financial sacrifice that he made so that we girls could be in such a paradise with loved ones who are very missed at home! Again, THANK YOU to the Reich family for their loving hospitality! Though some of us are separated by an ocean or several hundred miles, I think of my children and I just can't help but feel such a warm joy and feeling of gratitude for their presence in my life! I adore and love my family and the great man that initiated it all by asking me to share with him in such an amazing journey! I love you, Doug!!!

1 comment:

Leisha said...

How fun for you guys!!! Congrats to Nanette!!!