Monday, January 14, 2013

Thanksgiving & Christmas was such a joyful time for our family...and the only thing that would have made it better would have been to have our Navy kids with us...Nicole, Zach, Boston & Marley, your presence was truly missed!

Thanksgiving Dinner was at our home this year.  
It was a wonderful sight to see most of our Children, Grandchildren and Grandma Cahoon gathered round the Dining Table...My Heart & Mind tried to soak it all in and give Thanks for ALL of our Blessings!

In between Thanksgiving & Christmas, Esther was able to fly to Sarasota, Florida
and see those Darling Grandchildren, Boston & Marley, and spend some time with Zach & Nicole.
It was the BEST...Everyone had only wished that Doug (Grandpa) could have joined us!
 A big THANK YOU to Nicole & Zach for opening up their home and letting me come to visit!
It was really hard to say "Goodbye" and I wished I could have taken Y'all Home with me!

Christmas Festivities began with our traditional Family Dinner Outing.
We all met up at Pizza Limone in Salt Lake City for a delicious dinner, handed out some Christmas Cash and then spent the evening at City Creek Mall.  Seldom do the kids find what they want to purchase on that evening at the Mall, but we love to just walk around the shops soaking in ideas and enjoy our time together as Family...Granny & Grandpa could hardly pull Hudson & Ella away from the Disney Store!
Christmas Eve was at our Home.
Ella & Hudson came over early to help bake Christmas Cookies.
Our evening meal included old traditions as well as newer ones, which included Roast Beef Sandwiches with all the fixings, Chips, Mex-Tex Dip & Tortilla Chips, Veggie Platter, New England Clam Chowder, Sparkling Cider, Eggnog and an assortment of homemade Goodies from neighbors & friends.
After stuffing our faces, we quickly gathered props...Grandpa read the Nativity Story from Luke 2 
as our Kids, Grandchildren, Uncle Sabino & cousin Katie & Spencer acted out the Nativity.
Then Ella & Hudson performed a musical rendition of 
I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas
which was absolutely adorable!
Next was the Gift Exchange...
Ella & Hudson could not have been more delighted with their gifts!
Granny & Grandpa had scored Big Time...YES!!!
This year's Christmas theme was Christmas Past, which came almost by accident beginning with the Christmas Tree Decor...Thank You, Oliver, for the inspiration!
While Doug & I focus on Emergency Preparedness gifts for our Adult Children, 
they also received a framed award, artwork or photo of a moment in their childhood.
I KNOW it was far more joyful for me to go through my Treasure Chest, and remember their childhood days, as I gazed upon the little Treasures that I had kept through the years.  
Little cards or pieces of art that they had made for me...
How quickly the years have flown by!  
Yet, when I close my eyes, I can hear their little voices, see their adorable faces
and recall the tenderest of Christmases Past!
For me, Christmas is about remembering the
Birth of the Christ Child...God's Gift To All The World
and of the precious Gifts that God gave to me:
Joseph, Nanette, Geneal, Nicole & Oliver
and how they have given Doug & I the most Magical of Christmases!

No comments: