Thursday, August 2, 2012

First Date...

Our First Date - 32 Years Ago Today
Lagoon Opera House 
"The Unsinkable Molly Brown"
Ferris Wheel Ride After
Double Date With
Dwight Epperson & Jillyn Cahoon

Doug had just returned, a few days prior, from the Texas Dallas Mission.
When Doug phoned to ask me out, I thought to myself, "Why Not?"

Our Courtship & Engagement 
was Magical!
Marriage...LOTS OF WORK!!!

I wish I could offer up a Testimonial that intimated that Marriage is absolute Bliss!
At least, it hasn't been for us.  It has required a lot of compromise, sometimes heated disagreements, tremendous patience, respect & communication.
Mostly, it's about loving the other person more than ourselves!
Selflessness...And Empathy.

Our Marriage has had its "Ups & Downs"
and knowing what I know now, 
I still would have said, "Yes," to a First Date with Doug.

Some 32 years later...
Doug, you still keep me guessing,
You make me laugh,
You surprise me,
You can still make my heart skip a beat,
and unquestionably,
I wonder what's around the next bend of the road you've taken me on?

But it is YOU that I want to share EVERY ADVENTURE with!
I guess I should be asking myself, "Why Wouldn't I?"
 
Happy Anniversary, Doug! 
Thanks So Much For Our Hike Today!


1 comment:

Bungus said...

Thanks beautiful for that walk down memory lane. I will never forget that first date. I love you!