Wednesday, March 9, 2011

From A Child's Perspective



"Old Age Isn't For Sissies."

My eldest Grand-daughter, Ella, came to spend some time with Granny & Grandpa this afternoon. We worked for a little while on our Doll House Remodel, she enjoyed some snacks, we practiced her letters and name writing, she played some favorite games on my IPOD Touch and we read some books. I had really hoped that she was enjoying our time together! She had...So much that she began to cry...When I scooped her up into my arms and asked what was wrong, she stated, "Old people forget and I don't want you to forget me! And when people get old, they die. I want you with me forever!" I hugged her and reassured her that I could NEVER forget her in my heart...no matter what! Then I told her that whenever I die, I'd do my very best to always be near her because I loved her so much...She and her baby brother and her cousins! Eventually, she seemed satisfied, or rather, I had managed a successful distraction.

I've been thinking on my conversation with Ella and made two conclusions...I'd better be more vigilant in using my Oil of Olay anti-wrinkle moisturizer so that I can put off looking like the above doggy photo. Although, I suppose that if my wrinkles are ever that serious, I'd be so ugly that others would consider me cute! My other thought was that, while my body may age, I'm determined to keep my spirit forever young and hope to enjoy frequent outings with my girlfriends...perhaps even a game we loved as children! :)

I don't know how long I have until my Mortal Journey is complete, but I hope that I learn all the possible lessons that life can bring, I hope I serve my family, friends and community joyfully, I hope I can maintain good health, I hope to accomplish some of my dreams, I hope I forgive more, I hope others felt the love that is in my heart, I hope my children & grandchildren always know & feel of my absolute Love & Adoration for them, I hope my Sweetheart will never question my Love & Devotion to him, I hope I represented my God & personal Savior well, I hope I make it back to my Heavenly Home! Until then, I'll take each day as a Blessing and try with all my heart to think, speak and act in a way that would please and glorify our Father in Heaven!

2 comments:

Bungus said...

Esther, You are such a great grandma, mom and wife!

Susie said...

Beautifully expressed. You don't need to worry about getting old. It will never happen to you.